Boring screenshot today 😛
Going down the list…
- Classic is the same as the current market version, other than graphical improvements.
- Adventure will be the main storyline game. So far I’ve designed the progression, created the map screen, and created 50% of the graphics. It’s going to be eight sets of themed levels. Each time you complete a set of themed levels you get a related character unlocked.
- Challenge is groups of specialised levels, so far “time trials”, “score attack”, “save your friends” and “mayhem” mode. When you complete a set of challenges you will unlock a new character. If you complete all challenges you will unlock the custom mode.
- Versus CPU is already working just about as I want it. Currently just three difficulty levels, similar to classic mode, but I hope to make it so you can configure it a little more.
- Custom is complete other than the configuration screen is messy. You can change all the settings to create your own levels here. I did this mode first to help me create the challenge mode levels.
So, I’ve spent most of my time recently creating the framework around the challenges mode and a profile system to store progress in challenges and the adventure mode. I also made three new characters. I have the first challenges up and running, and they are already a lot of fun (one of the mayhem modes in particular).
I want to tidy up the menus for the challenge mode next, and then work on the challenges themselves. I’ll mix in making some more artwork as well.