A fairly major update went out this weekend, and as usual there isn’t enough room in the market description to fully explain the changes.
- New challenge mode. A new way to play in bite-sized chunks. Play 3 challenges in the demo, or 9 in the full version and try to get a gold medal on each. More challenges will be added to the full version over time.
- Beacons added to Dig Deeper. Beacons cost 2000 and can be placed anywhere in the mine. Activating a beacon teleports you back to the surface. Useful for when your mine gets really deep.
- Trackball/D-pad controls. By popular demand, there is now an alternative control mechanism. Move/dig by pressing in the appropriate direction, click to place a ladder.
- Droid force close issues fixed. No longer crashes when resuming from a locked screen or changing orientation on the Motorola Droid.
- Wake log bug fixed. Pressing home to leave the game allows the screen to sleep.
- Many other small UI improvements and bug fixes